|Location||Karachi, Karachi, Pakistan|
|Date Posted||October 11, 2021|
Healthcare & Medicine
|Qualifications||B.Sc. / M.Sc./ MLT / BS / MS|
|Experience||2 - 3 years|
|Base Salary||-- Not Mentioned --|
|Send Resume firstname.lastname@example.org|
· Maintains effective laboratory operations by adhering to standards of specimen collection, preparation, or laboratory safety.
· Document specimen on requisition slip and on system also by verifying patient and specimen identification (at least dual identification).
· Type gross, color, quantity and appearance of fluids on system as well as on requisition slip.
· Prepares and analyzes samples, such as Papanicolaou (PAP) smear, body fluids, and fine needle aspirations (FNAs), to detect abnormal conditions.
· Prepare fluids from cytocentrifugation technique.
· Assist in FNAC procedures and preparation of good quality slides and to check sample adequacy of specimen.
· Stains, Mount and examines smears under a microscope to evaluate specimen quality and recommends acceptance or rejection to Pathologist.
· Submitting cell block properly as per cell block technique.
· Embedding of cell block.
· Operates, calibrates and maintains equipment used in quantitative and qualitative analysis, such as centrifuge machine and cytocentrifuge machine.
· Performs quality control checks of instruments, solutions, and test results against established standards.
· Examines cell samples under the microscope to detect abnormalities in the color, shape, or size of cellular components and patterns.
· Classifies and distinguishes abnormal cell structures and reports abnormalities to Pathologists for further examination.
· Provides patient clinical data or microscopic findings to assist Pathologists in the preparation of pathology reports.
· Prepare report of patients as per guidelines.
· Maintains roster of patients requiring follow-up analysis and advises Pathology of cell changes in subsequent specimen analysis.
· Enters data from analysis of medical tests and clinical results into the information system for storage.
· Establishes and monitors quality assurance programs and activities to ensure the accuracy of laboratory results.
· Receiving of cytology specimen according to SOPs.
· Operates, cleans and sterilizes laboratory equipment, glassware, instrument, and workstations.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Perform additional smears and cell block preparations as requested by the supervisor / pathologist.
· Disposes of hazardous chemical waste as per regulatory guidelines.