I am senior finance professional with 11 years of diversified experience in:
i- creating eﬀective financial & management reporting framework while having a strong analytical eye over the business; and
ii- leading audits/reviews assignments with Big4.
I am a professionally as well as academically qualified with certifications that include ACCA, Certified Internal Controls Auditor (CICA), Certificate in Accounting & Finance (which was CA Inter previously) and with Bachelor of Commerce. Intensive experience with big4 audit firm KPMG has honed my leadership, team management, organizational and communicative skills, while augmenting my ability to take initiative and work with a diverse set of people.
After completion of 3.5 years training from KPMG, I led the Reporting & Special projects function of Al Shaheer Corporation Limited., Pakistan’s leading processed meat exporter and retailer for 5 years, where I was managing the statutory as well as management reporting related activities with my team and was blessed with an opportunity to lead public listing and IPO of the shares of the company on Stock Exchange from Finance side.
Considering the my performance, I was selected by the top management to lead as business finance partner for new business under development which was double the size of existing business in capacity as Manager Business Planning & Analysis, while reporting directly to CEO and Deputy CEO.
Since the project is almost complete and the launch has been strategically delayed and the Board intends to keep more vigilant eyes on the existing business, I am now back to Finance to serve as Manager Finance – Reporting, Budgeting & ERP as team lead.
In short, the strong analytical eye and a commercial sense I always have, to watch over the affairs of the business and my ability to remain flexible and responsive against change, makes me different from many others!
|Last Resume Update||March 13, 2019|
Manager Finance - Reporting, Budgeting & ERP
• Developed companywide Annual Plan
• Presented cash flow forecast to Board for designing strategy for liquidity
• Business reviews for Board of Directors and Audit Committee
• Conducted companywide interim performance reviews versus last Annual Plan / Revised forecasts
Manager - Business Planning & Analysis
ACHIEVEMENTS IN THIS ROLE INCLUDE:
• Detailed business case for public investments
• Detailed commercial model for a new business under development i.e. Chef One for strategic planning purposes
• Leading as business finance partner for Chef One while assuring all the operational actions/decisions are aligned with the agreed commercial plan
• Designed a distribution model for national distribution across Pakistan
• Supported the management for developing, costing and sourcing of the products.
• Directors report/business updates for publications
Manager Finance - Reporting & Special Projects
ACHIEVEMENTS IN THIS ROLE INCLUDED:
• Leading the process of public listing and oﬀering of the company from finance side
• Implementation of the system of Annual Plan (AP) for the first time, allocation departmental KPI’s
• Bringing a private placement of 500 mil with an eﬀective presentation of business case, preparation of investment memo and conducting road shows
• Introduction of a monthly reporting pack for CEO encompassing aﬀairs of the whole company and covering KPI’s of all business segments, while highlighting grey areas to work on
• Leading the implementation and selection of ERP for the very first time in the company, starting from one SBU
• Two exceptional promotions in less than 3 years
Associate Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA)
Certified Internal Control Auditor (CICA)
Bachelors in Commerce (B Com.)
Certificate in Accounting & Finance