I have recently completed my Bachelor of Laws degree through the University of London International Programmes and also hold a Bachelor of Commerce degree.
I have been employed with a leading law firm of Orr, Dignam & Co. since March 2005 as a Legal Assistant / Paralegal. During this time, I have assisted Partners, and worked closely with Associates, in a wide variety of matters. Particularly, I have spent the last couple of years in developing my legal skills by actually doing the legal work assigned to me from time to time by the Partner of the Firm. This experience has helped me to develop my understanding of the requirements of the profession and has enhanced my familiarity with various laws. It has also given me the opportunity to work as part of a team. I have taken on progressively more responsibilities and have proven that I am a diligent, hardworking, responsible and dependable employee.
|Last Resume Update||March 3, 2019|
Legal Assistant / Paralegal
Assisting Partners and Associates in a wide range of corporate and commercial matters including:
• Assisting Partners and Associates in a variety of transactions including privatisation, mergers and acquisitions, construction, oil and gas, energy and projects.
• Assisting Partners and Associates in preparing, amending and finalising various contractual documents including Sale and Purchase Agreement, Share/Asset Purchase Agreement, Shareholders Agreement, Joint Venture Agreement, Tripartite Agreement, Confidentiality Agreement, Amendment Agreement, Novation Agreement, Termination and Release Agreement, Agreement of Sale for properties, Fuel Supply Agreement, Memorandum of Understanding, Employment Agreement and the like.
• Assisting Partners and Associates in drafting, amending and finalising corporate documents including Memorandum and Articles of Association and agendas, Notices and Minutes of Board and Shareholders Meetings as well as in preparing and filing various statutory forms with the Companies Regulators.
• Assisting Partners and Associates in preparing, amending and finalising legal advice on numerous areas of law including the company law, contract law, competition law etc.
• Assisting Partners and Associates with preparation of competition filings including collation of annexures, preparation of sets and dispatching to the competition authorities.
• Preparing and compiling due diligence checklists for various due diligence documents for review and assisting Partners and Associates in preparation of due diligence report from initial working drafts to the final product for clients.
• Drafting proposal letters in relation to projects / transactions and finalizing with Partners.
Assisted the Jt. Senior Partner in drafting pleadings including Power of Attorneys, Affidavits, Synopsis of Agreements and preparing Annexures for filing with the Pleadings.
Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.)
Bachelor of Commerce (B.COM)