An experienced ICT professional with experience in Networking, Computer Hardware, Telecommunications Systems, Electronic Control Systems, Systems Engineering and Integration, Systems Analysis and Design, System Testing, Programming, Desktop Support and Training.
- Experience of working interactively with stakeholders such as users, service providers and all levels of management in ICT projects involving systems analysis, planning, system changeover, network implementation, system integration, training, system testing and support.
- Able to solve technical support problems and work with clients and users
- Extensive knowledge of industry standards and technologies in terms of hardware, software networking and telecommunications.
- Good communication skills – conversational, presentation and report writing.
- Strong ability and willingness to learn
- Hardware: HP and Dell Servers, Desktop PCs and Printers.
- Network Protocols: OSPF, EIGRP, RIPv2, IPv4, IPv6, STP, DHCP, NAT, VRRP, HSRP
- Databases: Microsoft SQL server and MySQL
- Web Servers: Apache and IIS.
- Website design and graphics: webpage authoring with Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Adobe Flash.
- Microsoft Systems: Windows XP, 7, 8, 10, Server 2003, 2008, Active Directory, Exchange, Office, Office 365
- Linux: Redhat, CentOS - configuring Mail service, DNS and network configurations.
- Network devices: Cisco, Trendnet and Mikrotik Routers, switches and wireless routers.
- Network monitoring and analysis: Wireshark, Lightsquid.
- Telecommunications: knowledge of GSM, UMTS and LTE mobile network systems, PSTN, ISDN, SDH, DSL, optic fibre, RF planning, VSATs, WiMAX.
- Virtualization: VMware, Oracle Virtual Box, Hyper-V.
- Optic Fibre deployment planning, Network planning, Wireless LAN setup, Ethernet cabling and Network Cabinet installation.
- Electronics: DSP, RF Circuits, Microcontroller programming on Atmel (Arduino) and PIC processors.
- Control systems: knowledge of PLCs.
- Office Packages: Excel, Visio, Project, Word and PowerPoint.
- Office Skills: Report writing, Presentations, Formal Communication, .
- ERP Systems: Sage ERP 1000, CS3.
- Simulation packages: Rockwell Arena, Matlab, Cisco Packet Tracer
|Last Resume Update||July 27, 2016|
|Address||Midrand, South Africa|
IT Support & Web Design Trainee
• Designing & editing web-page layouts with Dreamweaver for SADAC-NET’s clients’ websites.
• Designing databases for interactive websites using MySQL.
• Linux system administration.
Intern Computer Technician and Tutor
• Providing ICT technical support to administration offices staff and the school computer rooms.
• Tutoring GCE A-Level Computing and conducting student practical sessions.
BSc. Honours Degree